Setting & Collecting Traps

 Hello all! 

Happy to report that its finally cool enough to set and collect traps. Being at least in double digits gives me a little more hope then it being around 110 or so. There are 5 traps in each garden and the covers get removed and then cups get placed inside the traps to collect. Once the samples get caught they're is little hope of them scaling the walls to get out. Both garden samples get collected separately and then frozen over night to make sure everything is dead. Its the saddest part of the experiment, but its for science! 

Once the traps are collected then we reset them for another week. The samples are given a week before each collection. 

Here is Patty in the greenhouse the other night. I finally got my greeenhouse key and she gave me the low down on the plants and cacti and what I can be doing during my FWS hours. Thanks Patty!


Comments

Popular Posts