REI Summer Internship acceptance!

Very excited to post about my being accepted for a REI summer internship with the National Science Foundation this year! It's been a very busy, rewarding semester.  Part of me was looking forward to just taking it easy over summer, but in a way this will be a like a nice reprieve from normal daily life with it being in South Carolina at Clemson University. 

    The course is 10 weeks, starting May 30th and going until Aug 5th.  The entire summer will be comprised of working on a research experience with other students, and compiling data and analysis pertaining to nutrient pollution, most likely with agricultural run off.  This research experience focuses on sustainability with phosphorus, which has become a serious environmental issue. 

    I am proud of the hard work I have put into my education, and this will be an incredible experience.  Now all I have to do is find someone to water my 100 plants, and keep my cat alive! 

Hope everyone's week is going well.  My project is hinged on the weather, so until it warms up, I wont have a ton to report.  I am currently still working with Dr. Elena Ortiz on practicing my bug pinning which is rewarding.  

Alex S

*I also feel compelled to report that Josh and myself are putting together a poster from my TRAIN internship last semester, and are possibly going to present it this year.  It still needs work, but its coming along. 

                                                                 (Clemson University)


Comments

  1. Congratulation Alex! I have to be honest nutrient pollution and phosphorus are things I have little knowledge in but I find very interesting. I hope it starts to warm up soon aswell. All the hot and cold shifts are getting annoying.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts