All Caught Up

 Feels so good to be all caught up and focused, on track. I officially have an edible garden at my home with squash, tomato (green, cherry, heirloom), onion, cucumber, oregano, rosemary, frangipani! The rest of the garden includes various species of cactus and very much has a desert botanical garden vibe. I also have eucalyptus! Which I'm so excited about. I am getting nervous to see if I am leaving for the summer (internship) because I have done so much to the yard and its making me a little skiddish to think about leaving it, albeit there would be someone watching the property, but still. I feel like no one takes care of your stuff the way you do. 

I cant list them all but I have lots of flowers, in the garden and hanging, and also various citrus trees. I am so lucky to live there, I really feel the gratitude of being there, and summer is so important to be around because the garden needs my though (haha). You know what I mean though! If you have a green thumb then you know what I mean. You grow "with" the plants in a way, and you know what they like. You get accustomed to the amount of water they need, and what kind of light they like.  Also say if it rains, you'll know how long each plant will be ok after until it needs to get watered again. Its little things that add up that really all do add to overall plant health. 

My experiment is going great. I haven't photographed any of the insects yet, I will wait till the end to do that. This last collection the cups were all full of water (we expected this) so I drilled holes in the bottom (very small) holes so that it can drain efficiently. I will give them another 10 days. 




Comments

Popular Posts