Waiting for the Sun!

 

http://domainedesforets.com/profiling-the-pinned-collection/

 This week I continued to pin the captured flying insects from the 2020 bee bowl collection led by Chris Livingston and Dr. Ortiz.  They have been frozen since then, and it ended up being really nice practice.  Pinning small insects is very tedious, and there are specific methods assigned for different size insects.  I cannot wait to get my hands on my own captured insects, but I always want to run before I can crawl.  

This project originally started back in 2020 when Livingston was still a student participating in TRAIN.  His experiences was testing/observing diversity levels of "urban gardens" with the college garden being downtown.  The native harden was still an idea, and not yet realized.  His project was also halted by the Covid-19 pandemic, which affected the collection.  

It will be nice to incorporate Livingston's concepts into my project, even though I am not focusing on urban diversity.  This last Wednesday I pinned more insects, since the edible garden insect diversity was reached.  After I finish pinning the native garden flying insects It should be warm enough to start the experiment. 

 


A cool photo I took in the Bio sciences department! 












A photo of the practice bugs pinned.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts