Hello everyone!

What a crazy busy week.  Pre-Calc/Trig is taking some additional time to absorb.  It's so much material, and we only get a about a week or so to absorb each module.  About 90% of my math education has revolved around algebra.  I never thought id never hear myself saying this, but I actually kind of miss it! (LOL) 

Trig has more formulas than I've ever seen before, and I am determined to get it down, but it really does take a minute.  I know I have said this before, but it is like learning a foreign language.  I am starting to feel better about the unit circle and all the different measurements of pi, though.  That doesn't mean that I wont take advantage of some tutoring.  If anyone feels like they enjoy tutoring for pre-calc let me know! I would appreciate it.  

Because of the weather, I haven't been able to engage in collecting my arthropods yet.  It felt like it was heating up there for a minute, but then the temperature dropped again. Dr. Ortiz thinks that I'll have to wait for the first couple weeks in in March.  This has pushed back my research proposal by a couple days, I am still working on it, but feeling much better. 

My foundational chemistry class is pretty awesome.  I love learning about the concepts, and am having a lot of fun with the conversions.  I used to look at that kind of stuff and think "how am I ever going to be able to grasp that."  Now, I am actually doing it, and its a great feeling.  


Since I cant collect for a couple of weeks still, Dr. Ortiz has been having me organize the existing arthropods (caught from 2020 and frozen) and pinning them under a dissection microscope.  I  am having such an amazing time with it, I cant explain how it feels to look into a microscope, and see something so small! Its like a whole other little world down there, and when you get to look at something with increased detail, you get to see things that even books don't feature

Its my birthday weekend, and I am going up to our family cabin in Pine to get away for a couple of day.  I am looking forward to relaxing, catch up on reading, and staying strong with my school work.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic week! 


 

*Dr. Ortiz's collection

Comments

Popular Posts