First Collection Done!

Excited to announce that I have my first collection completed. I decided to up the total days of exposure up too 10. This will give more time in case there is a day that's too hot or too cold, or wet. When I pulled the collection I could see little creepy crawlers in there and got all excited since last semester bore very little fruit. 

Attached are some photos from me collecting the cups today, and also a visual of the native plot since most people don't know what or where it is. It's located on the north side of the school, and it receives mostly bright indirect sunlight since the building blocks direct light. 

I did not have an issue with flooding this time around. I am considering popping holes in the bottom of the cups so that if he do fill, its only momentary and they eventually drain which should hinder the collection too much. 

I am so excited because my mentor Geisianny is here from my STEPS REU experience last summer at Clemson University! She is a post doctoral researcher (mad goals) and works with creating LIG sensors for phosphorus testing (more goals) 





Comments

Popular Posts