MESA

My Calculus professor Patsy Herman recommended the MESA program for me be a part of. It seems like its going to be a really good avenue for me to get extra help and prepare for more intense STEM classes. I got accepted and will do a special MESA class for Calculus 1 next semester. I am vert excited, but also a little nervous since Calculus is very deep and lots of moving parts. I eventually have to take physics, and I actually felt better about knowing that once I knew that physics was a lot of calculus. So these foundational classes are paramount.

What takes someone an hour of homework usually takes me 3x that on average. Math has never come easy for me, but I refuse to give up. Sometimes it really just does come down to persistence. 

I am having a bummed week a little also cause Dr. Paul Westerhoff from ASU was going to hire me to work with a doctoral student for a paid internship but I guess he cant hire me until I become a student at ASU. This was very sad for me cause I was about to do my on boarding and was paired to do this cool project where I would have been pulling moisture from the atmosphere and studying whats in the molecules (attached to the molecules)

And then he emailed be back (after we had been working on this for weeks) And told me that I needed to wait. Thankfully I will be a part of ASU by the end of next year, I am almost at my transfer credits. This has been a challenging semester trying to balance everything at once, but its nothing I cant handle. 

I am happy to be in my new house, but now that my rent has tripled from my last place I am working a lot more than normal which is cutting into some of my school work. Everything seems to be a balancing act. I know it will all eventually pay off. I am not complaining though! Life is good and I just go with it, navigating it can change, but I am keeping my eyes on the prize.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week! Look forward to seeing everyone's projects.  

This photo is of last semester when Chris and myself buried traps for the insects, I am happy that its all done now and what I have to do can focus primarily on the capture of the insects!
 


Comments

Popular Posts