Collection Process

 So 10 days was what we landed on for collection. This will increase the likelihood of collecting insects. Which makes me very happy. It's always exciting, but also kind of sad. I am an animal lover, and yes thank includes ALL animals; insects are a part of that, I have to remind myself its for science. I also have to be aware of the effect this kind of experiment has on the garden plots as a hole. For the native garden, removing any precious insects would be negative for the plot. Although I think the effect is negligible, if its measurable, it exists. Heck, even if it isn't measurable, doesn't mean its not there. You might just need more sensitive equipment.

The insect traps on the native garden were at risk of flooding because of some busted pipe. It doesn't look like its been fixed yet which makes me a little crazy, since its a waste of water. I know how to add the piping and bury it in the ground, so I had to move the one that was sitting in water. I also added a 6th one so that they both have 6. 

I am still not sure how I am going to measure phosphorus in the water, but I am confident that I can some how. Maybe even something like sending it out to be tested. Also, maybe not limit it to phosphorus? Perhaps I could expand it into minerals/elements in general. 

The pic I have featured today is the tower garden that is located in the front window of the D building. (My favorite building) 



Comments

Popular Posts