Lab Assistant

 Hey everyone! 

This week I officially started my new job in the Bio sciences lab at PHX College. I started my training with Chris Livingston and everything seems to be going good! We did a research project last semester about the two different garden plots at PHX College and measured the insect population and diversity levels. On Wednesday Chris gave me a tour of the Bio sciences wing. Although I have done TRAIN there for several semesters I had never actually learned where everything is and see if from that perspective. It also nice to finally have an access card and be able to move about easier. 

Working in the lab for Chris, & also doing TRAIN this semester, I am using that space a lot more! Woohoo! I think I am going to continue my research with the insect diversity and expand that project OR it would be so nice to get to continue my research on Phosphorus and do something related to eutrophication.

I never thought I would have gotten so invested in the fight against nutrient pollution. There is so much to learn about and different areas that need unique styles of problem solving. 

Alex S 

 






Comments

Popular Posts