Experiment underway

 Hello everyone! 


Very excited to have been able to start my arthropod experiment.  I have waited to start my rough draft till after I went and collected the specimens so I had so data to talk about.  I will go check tomorrow and empty the traps, and I am very much looking forward to seeing what was caught.  The weather this year has been hard to deal with, since It's suppose to have been much warmer by this time of year. 

Dr. Ortiz, Chris Livingston and myself went out and prepped the traps.  There were 6 uncovered in the edible garden, and only 4 found in the native garden.  We spent a good long while out there trying to figure out where the other traps were, but we ended up having to make new ones in the end.  The ground is much harder in the native garden than the edible garden, so its much more difficult to find them if they get forgotten about.  I am going to make a chart so that future researchers will know where they are.  

I am suppose to go present my TRAIN project from last semester at the Arizona Nevada Academy of Sciences conference on the 15th.  That is going to be a fantastic experience, and I will be accompanied by Josh and Evelyn.  Hopefully the next post will unveil of flurry of new data. 

Alex S

Below are some fun photos from prepping the pitfall traps. 







Comments

  1. Hi Alex, I'm glad to hear that you'll finally get to start your experiment. I hope to see you at the conference this Saturday. I don't know what your experiment was last year so that adds to my curiosity. Good luck on your bug catching!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts