Day Seventy-nine

 Hello everyone!
Feeling really good about today. Since our experiment was over, I spent most of the day at my internship finishing up my rough draft for my research final. I still am in the process of idealizing my presentation, but I already have an idea to get me started. I felt so fantastic as I was wrapping up my rough draft. Gazing at all that work that went into it, definitely had a proud moment (which I don't let myself have a lot, for some reason). I am already going back in my head and trying to conceptualize it in another light, thinking over what I would do the next time differently. Not in a negative way, but more so in a constructive way. I took the plants home to plant them in my garden. My wish is that they do well and bear tomatoes! Getting to learn and experiment with these amazing plants, and then, in the end, they get to be planted and live the rest of their lives in harmony with nature, doing what they do! There is something so symbolic about that.
   My English class is finally done, so I have more time to put towards my other studies; it's taken some stress off me. Especially in math, I never felt like I had enough time to study, always needing just a little more. Thankfully my classes are going strong, and I'm feeling good about the end of the semester! Full of gratitude today. 

Alex S 

*The picture I chose to attach today is a tiny, significant plant of mine. She represents perseverance and determination. I purchased 2 bags mysterious seeds from Asia roughly three years ago. I mixed them up and planted around 50 in little plastic pots. I cultivated the exam conditions for this little thing to grow and be healthy. But things did not go as I had wanted them to. After months of watering empty containers, I believed I had done something wrong. Perhaps messed up the delicate amount of nutrients required, or maybe they got too cold, causing the seeds to fail during germination. After 6 months, anyone would have told me I was crazy to keep watering it and to just let the project go.  
   Something in me kept messing with it, and after a year, I had one little baby orchid growing. I honestly couldn't believe it. I still can't, but there it is! It is three years later, only a couple inches high. I keep it on my window frame, getting what I believe to be the right amount of light.  I wasn't sure at first what had germinated, and it honestly didn't matter!  
   It really taught me a valuable life lesson. Just because I don't see the immediate benefits of what I am doing, that's no reason to give up or go home. Trusting in a process with multiple variables is sometimes all we can do. Patience and clarity go a long way, and every time I look at that baby orchid, I think about that! 





Comments

Popular Posts